System and network administrator
Lieu : Bruxelles
Département : VFX
Contrat : CDD - july 2021 - 5 months
1 avril 2021
Umedia is a Belgian studio, specialized in the production of international film projects. Its activities include production, co-production, financing and visual effects (VFX). The studio is ideally located in the popular Louise – Châtelain district of Brussels.
In order to continue the IT department development, Umedia VFX is looking for a System and Network Administrator for our office in Brussels.
By joining us, you will become part of a young and dynamic team, driven by the search for excellence and passion, and attached to a strong corporate culture.
- Installing and configuring workstations hardware, operating systems, applications
- Creating VM/containers
- Maintenance of running servers (backup, update)
- Configuring network equipment – switches
- Operating the firewall
- Managing software licenses
- Managing PCoIP infrastructure
- Installing and configuring remote access software (NoMachine)
- Creating and managing FTP accounts
- Setting up new users profiles/email accounts and performing access control (passwords/permissions)
- Managing the IT materials reservation system
- Administrating the tape data storage system
- Troubleshooting system and network problems; diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Providing efficient help-desk and support
- Creating and updating internal IT documentations
- Keeping IT inventory and the asset management system up to date
- Following procedural documentation
- Keeping the server room and IT office secured and clean
- Reporting and escalating any issue if unsolved
- Reporting any environment risk to management
R&D – IT projects
- Working in the tight project specifications
- Work with IT management to thoroughly understand requirements and deliverable
- Respect timetables and deadlines
- Preparing reports and other documentation on the status and operation
- You are reliable and deliver your work on time.
- You are proactive and have a team spirit.
- You are rigorous and pay close attention to detail.
- You speak very good English and French.
- Knowledge of Linux is essential for this post (CentOS, Red Hat and Debian).