Senior VFX Producer
Lieu : Vancouver
Département : VFX
Contrat : Full Time
22 février 2018
If you’re looking for a change to challenge and support you as you take the next step in your career, joining Umedia Vancouver provides that rare opportunity. With offices in LA, London, Paris, Brussels, and now Vancouver, Umedia is an international film group specialized in production, financing, visual effects, and finishing. The foundation of Umedia’s success is our employees. We believe in developing everyone’s potential in a fun, passionate, and proactive environment that promotes open communication and a healthy work/life balance. We’re looking for someone just like you to join us and be a significant part of our North American expansion.
Umedia Vancouver is a growing VFX and Finishing team headed by CEO and Oscar-nominated VFX Supervisor, Peter Muyzers, and backed by a management team with many decades of direct experience on the front lines of Hollywood production and post-production. Our goals are ambitious yet realistic, and we’re rapidly becoming Vancouver’s go-to boutique facility for high-end visual effects. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by, apply to join us today!
The Senior VFX Producer role carries significant responsibilities both internal and external and is at the heart of a project. From the script breakdown and bidding process through to driving a production schedule and managing a budget, being effective in this role is crucial to a well-organized project. The Senior VFX Producer liaises with the client throughout the entire process.
Your direct responsibilities include:
- Support the Head of Sales at client meetings and during client calls
- Breakdown scripts & create budgets
- Quote work with the Visual Effects Supervisor, select artists, technical staff & R&D
- Plan and schedule facility resources with the various teams and departments
- Ensure the most effective approach to the visual effects work
- Ensure the progression of work to the client’s satisfaction; act as liaison between client and Umedia
- Report the progress of work internally and to the client on a weekly basis
- Manage the project’s budget
- Ensure all departments are aware of the project’s requirements, e.g. disk space, rendering, etc.
- Ensure awareness of milestones and upcoming deadlines with the production team and the crew
- Ensure the daily production schedule is efficient and running smoothly
- Oversee & manage the VFX Coordinators team
- Provide mentorship, training, support and assistance to the VFX Coordinators team and less-experienced VFX Producers or Associate VFX Producers
- Identify any discrepancies with crew size and recruiting plans in the resource schedule
- Travel to Los Angeles is required from time-to-time to attend client meetings
- Provide input to the Head of Sales regarding business development opportunities
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a VFX Producer on VFX projects for feature film
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Visio
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Autodesk Shotgun software (or equivalent
- Good understanding of task scheduling software like Microsoft Projec
- Demonstrable ability to effectively lead and manage staff
You are autonomous, rigorous and demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset with a high sense of responsibility.
We offer an attractive benefits package and a position within a supportive environment with career development opportunities.