Lieu : Vancouver
Département : Finishing
Contrat : Full Time
24 avril 2018
If you’re looking for a change to challenge and support you as you take the next step in your career, joining Umedia Vancouver provides that rare opportunity. With offices in LA, London, Paris, Brussels, and now Vancouver, Umedia is an international film group specialized in production, financing, visual effects, and finishing. The foundation of Umedia’s success is our employees. We believe in developing everyone’s potential in a fun, passionate, and proactive environment that promotes open communication and a healthy work/life balance. We’re looking for someone just like you to join us and be a significant part of our North American expansion.
Umedia Vancouver is a growing VFX and Finishing team headed by CEO and Oscar-nominated VFX Supervisor, Peter Muyzers, and backed by a management team with many decades of direct experience on the front lines of Hollywood production and post-production. Our goals are ambitious yet realistic, and we’re rapidly becoming Vancouver’s go-to boutique facility for high-end visual effects. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by, apply to join us today!
The Finishing Coordinator is required to assist in the management of all aspects of a finishing (DI) project, not limited to the initial breakdown and bid, planning and scheduling of resources, and monitoring artists work during the finishing process. The Finishing Coordinator works closely with the Finishing Producer/Head of Finishing to ensure that all of the finishing projects deliver on time and within the budget.
- Assist the Head of Finishing/Finishing Producer across all areas of Finishing project planning and management.
- Collaborate with the colourist(s) and finishing artists to oversee the project’s schedule.
- Collaborate with the creative & technical team(s) to delivery pipeline and schedule.
- Work with the Head of Finishing/Finishing Producer and the Office Manager in regard to client service.
- Ensure time logs are completed by the creative and technical teams for the purposes of the Production Services Tax Credits & Digital Animation & Visual Effects credits.
- Perform other department administration tasks as determined by the Head of Finishing/Finishing Producer.
- You have 2-3 years film/TV industry experience, preferably in post production or in a production coordination/project management role.
- You have experience with client service and management.
- You are proficient in word/excel and google docs/calendar.
- You are detail oriented and great at time management
- You are self-motivated & driven and know when to ask questions to clarify tasks.
This position is 4 months in length to cover an employee going on parental leave. The first month will include training from the employee going on leave.